Lower Manhattan, what many of us think of as the ‘Financial District’, was the genesis of New York City. First called New Amsterdam and settled by the Dutch, Lower Manhattan was a main ingredient in primordial America. Here, critical battles were waged in war and politics. Here was the first seat of the federal government, where President George Washington was inaugurated and where congress first…congregated.
Discover the history of New York City and the bedrock of our country on the Lower Manhattan Historic Scavenger Hunt!
In a race against time and the other teams:
- Unearth the secrets of Bowling Green, the first public park in New York City.
- Discover the Charging Bull and what some people believe is the key to good luck on Wall Street.
- Explore the many monuments and war memorials of Battery Park
- Hunt for clues in Castle Clinton, an important defensive fortress in New York Harbor.
- Learn about Fraunces Tavern, where George Washington held his gatherings and the fabric of America was sewn together.
- Dive into historic Wall Street and the foundations of America’s financial system.
- Experience Trinity Church, a national treasure, and meet an American founding father.
- Much more!
Each team gets one set of clues. Work together to plot your course, get the most answers and outsmart the other teams! Be sure to look up, down and all around for the answers – they could be anywhere!