On our Grand Central Terminal scavenger hunt, you’ll race through passages, concourses, awe-inspiring rooms, halls, tracks and trains, solving fascinating clues with your team as you go.
Together, you’ll discover all sorts of hidden fixtures, items, elements and unique things that are built into the terminal – things you don’t ordinarily see, unless you’re looking at the fine details. Form your teams and come ready to compete for the win!
Completed in 1913, Grand Central Terminal is an architectural marvel that embodies the essence of New York City. It’s said that 750,000 people pass through daily. It is truly the heart of New York – and the perfect location for an indoor team activity!
Your adventure begins in the Main Concourse, as you discover the famous Astronomical Ceiling, its unique features and zodiac depictions. In a race against time and the other teams, you’ll:
- Divine the secrets of the constellations (a few you may have never heard of), and learn why the ceiling appears to be backward.
- Discover Vanderbilt Hall and the history of Cornelius Vanderbilt, the man largely responsible for the creation of New York’s rail system.
- Learn about the many companies and organizations that created the furnishings of Grand Central, from the gold letter boxes to the iconic clock on top of the information booth.
- Meet the famous eagles that guard the entrances to Grand Central and learn their storied histories.
- Take a selfie with some Roman gods and find traces of NYC’s early history as a Dutch colony.
- Experience the acoustic wonder of the Whispering Gallery.
- Find an old chalkboard train schedule. Learn about the legendary Knickerbocker train.
- Much more!
Even if you’re a life-long New Yorker and pass through Grand Central all the time, you’ll be amazed by what you learn. For visitors to NYC, our Grand Central Terminal scavenger hunt is a great way to experience this iconic, must-see destination.
It’s not a tour – it’s a game of strategy, collaboration and communication in which teams must search together for the answers to clues, solve the puzzle first and outsmart the other teams to win. Are you ready? Let’s go!
Book this hunt for your group! >
Want to chat? Call 212-951-0140 or send us a text message now!