Booo! Eeek! New York City is crawling with all kinds of spooks and apparitions! There are loads of creepy cemeteries and haunted buildings, with stories of ghost sightings throughout the city’s history. Why, in Washington Square Park alone, over 15,000 people are buried. They sure did hang a lot of people there. We’ll see if you can find the tree they used.
Visit places in the Village and surrounding areas where ghouls have been known to prowl. Bring your Blackberries and iPhones. You’ll need Google for this one. And a flashlight too!
In a race against time, and the other teams, work together to:
- Track the ghost of Peter Stuyvesant and Edgar Allen Poe
- Visit a very creepy abandoned building where a mysterious light always shines at night
- Discover the details of the worst disaster in NYC history, before 9/11.
- Find out who’s haunting the Merchant House Museum
- Locate the gravestones of notable New Yorkers past
- Much more!
Each team gets one set of clues. Work together to plot your course, get the most answers and outsmart the other teams! Be sure to look up, down and all around for the answers – they could be anywhere!